"When we fall in love we’re just falling in love with ourselves"
Remember when those words appeared on KM? Well, that was 5 years ago! On October 13th, one month from now, it’ll be Perfect Symmetry's 5th anniversary!
That’s why Katie and I have planned this amazing celebration for the day!
- We’ll all change our Twitter icons for PS icons. It doesn’t matter if it’s just a pic of the album or a pic of a concert from 2009. It doesn’t matter as long as it’s from the PS era! Katie and I have made a few PS icons you can use.
- Tweet @keaneofficial, @richard_h and @jessequinmusic and let them know how much you love Perfect Symmetry! We all know that the guys sometimes seem to feel a bit insecure when adding PS songs on setlists because they feel like that album wasn’t as well received as H&F and UTIS were. Well, how about we tell them
that’s bullshit and that WE LOVE PS?
- We’ll be using the hashtag #5YearsInPerfectSymmetry to gather all our tweets. We’re gonna try to make it Trending Topic and that’s why we need your help! Also, if you’re doing something special to celebrate the day, tweet a photo using the hashtag!
- Join the listening party at 7pm UK time! We’ll listen to the whole album and tweet about it!
- Just like with Twitter, we will all change our icons for a day to make it about PS.
- General PS spam! If you like making graphics, you can make photosets or gifsets about the era. If not, you can just post audio posts, or blog about how much you love the album. Use the tag PS anniversary.
- Join the listening party at 7pm UK time. The listening party will be both on Twitter and Tumblr.
- Since plug.dj was such a great success with our last party, we’ve decided to do it again. We’re gonna be playing 2008 videos and interviews from 4:30 to 7pm UK time (until the listening party begins). We’ve chosen that schedule cause that’s when the most people could join us with the last party. We’re open to video suggestions too but you can expect the classics: Tom’s LA blogs, Christmas interview… etc.
- You can also join the listening party at 7pm here. NOTE that this will depend on your Internet connection. I’m saying this cause some people had trouble with videos buffering the other time. If your Internet isn’t fast, then just listen to the songs from your album and join the party on Twitter and Tumblr!
- If you have a tshirt from the PS era you can wear it when you go out that day. If you don’t have any from the PS era, you can use any Keane tshirt you have. And if you don’t have any either, you can just dress a little more colourful trying to copy the guys’ style back in 2008-9! Any horrendous colourful hoodie or trainers will do! :P
- Just play PS all day! You can also listen to the bsides Staring at the ceiling and Time to go, or covers like Disco 2000. Make sure that your neighbours know what day it is!
- Go to Youtube and view, thumbs up and comment on all the singles from PS. You can also post them on your FB wall so your friends can listen to it!
Sounds good, huh? Remember you can either contact me or Katie for any questions, ideas or suggestions and PLEASE REMEMBER WE CAN’T PLEASE YOU ALL. I know there’s fans from all time zones but it’s impossible to please everyone’s schedules. The party is gonna be all day and we’ve tried to plan all events in the afternoons cause that’s when most people can join usually. But hopefully the fact that it’s a Sunday will help!
13 Sep 13 @ 8:24 pm  — reblog